Unicef Welfare Program
"Take care of the earth and it will take care of you"
Both SF Sonic's and UNICEF's strong belief in this dictum inspired them to work together to create a better environment for our future by rendering it with its share of preservation. A healthy environment that will in turn let children, our future bearers grow in harmony. In India, currently, the environs prevalent for our children to grow, demands urgent attention. An estimated 400,000 children under the age of five die each year from serious ailments - caused by poor hygiene conditions and unsafe drinking water habits. Also the occurrence of unchecked lead in the air that’s easily gets mingled in our food and drinking water can actually be a killer. Though lead is one of the most useful metals and a major component used in batteries, can be destructive to environment and life, if not treated scientifically after use. UNICEF is a name synonymous with child survival and development all over the world. It has been doing significant work in India for the general health and well-being of children. Therefore, we at SF Sonic will contribute to the UNICEF Child Environment Program, every time a used battery is returned to us. With your support and participation, the world can be a much better and healthier place to live in. You can make it happen.
UNICEF and SF Sonic are stakeholders in creating a safe and healthy environment for children
The common agenda involves
- Focus on primary preventive measures for infant mortality and morbidity
- Universal sanitation coverage
- Integration and convergence with nutrition, health and education
- Demonstration of models on solid and liquid waste management
- Focus on water quality affected habitations – safe drinking water option
- Establishment of management systems to ensure water safety, sustainability, cost effectiveness and social equity of rural piped water systems
- Focus on developing community based sustainable models on hygiene promotion
- Monitoring and surveillance of sanitation and water quality
- Demonstrate inclusive approaches for school water supply and sanitation in some districts
Our other partners
For this noble venture UNICEF and SF Sonic will be supported by several partners
Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Government Resources, Panchayats & Rural Development Department (P&RD) and Public Health Engineering Department (PHED).